Join our Event Planning Committee!
Do you want to get more involved with the Lavender Rights Project? Do you appreciate art and want to support our local queer and trans artists? Whether you’re a visual creative, logistics-loving planner, or down-for-anything doer, there’s a place for you on our Event Planning Committee!
This is a great short-term volunteer opportunity that will have a major impact on our organization’s ability to continue and expand upon our service to the community in Seattle and across the state. Form submissions will be accepted through the end of November on a rolling basis.
about the event
The Art Auction fundraiser is the Lavender Rights Project’s first major fundraising event since the organization was first started in 2016. The event, which will be held at All Pilgrims on Capitol Hill, will feature a silent auction, food, drinks, and performances.
Through this event, the Lavender Rights Project aims to break down oppressive funding structures by raising funds from our communities for queer and trans legal services, supporting local queer and trans artists, and building relationships with local organizations and community members.
By offering sliding scale ticket options and various ways to participate in the event both with and without financial obligations, we hope to encourage the formation of genuine community connections for all attendees through the appreciation of art and community engagement, regardless of income level. LRP is committed to creating a space that is accessible for queer and trans people, especially those at the intersections of anti-blackness, xenophobia, and racism; disability; and/or low-income status.
Committee members should be able to commit to:
Serving on the committee from October 29 - December 20*
Assisting staff with planning, executing, and assessing LRP’s Art Auction fundraiser, which will be held on Friday, December 14
Engaging with the community through outreach initiatives, identifying and pursuing opportunities for relationship-building with local businesses and organizations, and promoting the sale of event tickets
Being available for at least one shift on December 14 between 3:00-11:00pm
* These dates represent a general time period leading up to and following the event; dates and times for meetings will be flexible based on committee members’ schedules.
The Event Planning Committee will collectively assist LRP staff with the following responsibilities, delegating tasks across the committee based on member availability and interest.
- Outreach / Marketing - flyering, social media strategy, attending community events, promoting ticket sales, volunteer recruitment
- Budget management - decorations, catering, swag, fundraising goals
- Event assistance day-of - setup / takedown, event staffing
- Post-event assessment with staff
- Additional tasks as needed
While being civically engaged provides many benefits that can positively impact your personal relationships, career, and physical/mental health, we're happy to offer the following benefits for our Event Planning Committee:
- Free entry into the event for committee members, plus an additional two (2) complimentary tickets
- One (1) free LRP t-shirt/bandana of your choice*
- Opportunity to build relationships with and support local queer and trans artists
- Ability to have a lasting impact on a relatively new "by and for" non-profit that is growing at an incredible pace
*T-shirts/bandanas will be available during and after the auction.
Submit the form below if you are interested in serving on our Event Planning Committee. An LRP staff member will contact you within 2-3 business days with more information. Submissions will be accepted through the end of November on a rolling basis.